Hey, you know what’s a REAL distraction?
- spending hours in the hospital emergency room because your boyfriend beat you up
- wondering when your partner is coming out of jail from being arrested for hitting you the night before
- not being able to concentrate on school work because your classmate raped you
- getting kicked out of school because you were unable to deal with the trauma of being raped
- losing your job or housing because of domestic violence
- not being able to find counseling because you were depending on your abusive partner economically
- wondering EVERY DAY “how the hell am I going to get out of this situation?”
- phone calls from your student loan provider asking for payments you cant afford because you dropped out of school after being raped and can’t get a job due to a shitty economy
- being triggered
- worrying that you’ll never recover from the trauma you’ve endured.
She defended the veto by saying sexual assault victims are “only a small portion” of South Carolinians who need help
The top 1% of income earners seem to be important enough to coddle in terms of policy, but when it comes to RAPE VICTIMS it’s a distraction?
Here’s a big FUCK YOU to Nikki Haley. Abuse affects EVERYONE. WE ALL MATTER.